To ensure you receive the maximum benefits from your massage, it is recommended you read and follow the aftercare advice sheet. After treatment you may have some of these reactions, these are completely normal and should last no longer than 24 hours:
- Increased trips to the toilet,/li>
- Bruising (Sometimes in Sports massage or with deeper pressure and trigger pointing
- Drink plenty of water, to help re hydrate the body and eliminate toxins.
- You may feel relaxed and tired after your treatment. After the tiredness has gone, you should feel refreshed and revitalized. Please ensure you take care if you are driving or working.
- Try to avoid or minimise alcohol/caffeine, fizzy drinks and cigarettes for the next 6- 12 hours; massage aims to detoxify the body. Alcohol and smoking are counter- productive as they increase the levels of toxins within the body.
- Rest and relax to allow the body to heal and settle
- Avoid heavy meals
- Avoid having a shower or bath directly after a treatment for at least 6 – 8 hours. The essential oils used, need to penetrate the skin in order to be absorbed into the system to achieve optimum results.